Back to recipes
Buttermilk buckwheat pancakes
Add Benefiber to this hands-down family favourite – it’s a great way to boost your kids’ daily fibre intake.
- ¾ cup spelt flour
- 1/3 cup bran
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1¾ cup buttermilk (add a little more if too thick)
- 2 tablespoons melted vegetable oil spread
- 8 teaspoons Benefiber powder
- 2 cups fresh fruit
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- Mix all ingredients until just combined and a few lumps are still present. Do not over mix.
- Heat heavy bottom frying pan over medium heat.
- Spray hot frying pan with cooking oil spray and drop small quantities of batter at a time onto the hot pan making 4 large or 8 small pancakes.
- When bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake, after approximately 3 minutes, flip and cook the other side for another 2 minutes.
- Garnish with fruit and drizzle with maple syrup before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving
|Contains 2 teaspoons of Benefiber
(2 teaspoons = 3 grams of fibre)
||1343 KJ (321 Cal)
|Dietary Fibre, total